This weekend I attended the Northwest Christian Writers Renewal in Bothell, Wa. It was incredible! Writing (even blogging) can be a very lonely craft. Those who don't write, don't really understand it. I often wonder if I'm wasting my time. I constantly ask the Lord if it's even remotely possible that this is what he wants me to do. Surely I've misunderstood him. I argue that I don't have the time or talent needed to be a writer. Over the course of yesterday and today, he won the argument.
I won't give you all the boring "writing" details of the conference, but a couple of the highlights for me were:
- Meeting my writing mentor from the Christian Writers Guild, Judy Bodmer
- Getting some encouraging, positive feedback from a couple editors on my blog
- Open doors for publishing some articles and short humor pieces.
- Talking with other struggling writers who feel exactly like I do (and realizing that encompassed almost everyone at the conference)
- And most importantly...being reminded that God does not care if 1ooo or one person reads my writing. It is completely by and for him.